Jan Arents Besemer
X. Jan Arents Besemer was born probably about 1685 and died in Schiedam 9.06.1749.
Jan Arents is a son of Arij Pleune Bezemer and Jaepge Pleunen.
He was married in Schiedam 16.05.1712 with Maertje Arents van der Vlies, born in Schiedam
29.05.1691 and died there 4.03.1766. She was a daughter of Ary Jacobs van der Vlies and Lena
Pieters.Jan Arents was salmonfisherman.
The family got 14 children christened in Schiedam:
- Ary XB. He is the grandfather of Ary Bezemer, the captain of the "Vasco da Gama" to Nagasaki.
So follow also this lead.
- Pieter, 8.04.1714 an died before 22.07.1722.
- Jacomijntje, 28.08.1715 and died in Schiedam between 1775 and 1783.
She was married in Schiedam 14.12.1738 with Lieving Willemse Mak, christened in Schiedam
5.04.1715 and died 15.11.1776. He was a son of Willem Cornelis Mak and Neeltje Lievens.
- Jaapje, 1.01.1718 and died 21.11.1799. She was married 1. in Schiedam 26.12.1740 with Frans
van der Mark, christened 1.12.1709 and died at sea, as a sailor, about 1748. He was a son of
Cornelis van der Mark and Willemijntje Pietersd.
Second time se was married in Schiedam 30.07.1752 with Jan Barentse van Pruijssen.
- Leendert XI.
- Neeltje, 4.05.1721 and died 16.06.1721.
- Pieter, 22.07.1722 and died 9.08.1722.
- Pieter, 25.06.1724 and died 27.07.1724.
- Pieter, 17.06.1725 and died 25.1.1780. He was married in Schiedam 18.08.1756 with Catalina de
Graaf, christened in Schiedam 23.12.1725 and died 13.02.1794. She was a daughter of Teunis
Jansse de Graaf and Ariaantje Cornelis.
The family got 3 children christened in Schiedam.
1. Maartje, 06.09.1758 died 15.07.1801, she was married in Rotterdam 19.12.1795 with
Jacobus Schijff, christened in Ouderkerk a/d IJssel 25.03.1753 and died 11.05.1812. He was
son of Gerrit Schijff and Marrigje Jans Stuijt.
The family got 4 children, christened in Schiedam.
1. Gerrit, 23.01.1793.
2. Pieter, 11.02.1796.
3. Maartje, 19.02.1798.
4. Jan Arianus, 21.06.1801.
2. Ariaantje, 26.04.1761, died 28.05.1801, married 25.11.1781 in Schiedam with Jan Schijff,
christened in Ouderkerk a/d IJssel 09.02.1752 died in Rhoon 19.11.1800. He was son of Gerrit
Schijff and Marrigje Jans Stuijt.
3. Jannetje, 05.08.1763 died 21.06.1817, married 20.05.1887 in Schiedam with Anthonij van
Ooyen, christened in Haag 09.03.1754, he was carpenter and died in Schiedam 10.04.1817.
He was son of Pieter van Ooyen en Helena Kijmes.
- Neeltje, 30.04.1727 and died 27.06.1727.
- Jannetje, 18.06.1728 and died 15.07.1764. She was married in Schiedam 21.02.1751 with
Gijsbert Krabbendam, christened in Schiedam 19.12.1728 and died 1.07.1781.He was bricklayer
and son of Dirk Krabbendam and Pieternelletje Gijse.
The family got 4 children christened in Schedam:
1. Petronelle, 03.08.1757.
2. Jan, 24.11.1758.
3. Dirk, 26.06.1760.
4. Jan, 08.07.1764.
- Hillegond, 12.03.1730 and died 4.03.1813.
She was married in Schiedam 2.05.1751 with Gerrit van der Schouw, christened in Schiedam
6.09.1726 and died 3.05.1776. He was a son of Jan van der Schouw and Cornelia van der
The family got 8 children christened in Schiedam:
1. Jan, 01.02.1752.
2. Maartje, 12.10.1752.
3. Cornelis, 08.09.1754.
4. Maartje, 29.02.1756.
5. Arij, 01.01.1762.
6. Alida, 29.02.1754.
7. Pieter, 12.01.1766.
8. Martje, 11.12.1767.
- Cornelis, 28.10.1731 an died 20.09.1733.
- Neeltje, 25.06.1743 and died before 6.01.1771
She was married in Schiedam 26.04.1761 with Joost van Noordwijk, christened in Schiedam
23.09.1773 and died ??. He was a son of Willem van Noordwijk and Jannetje Krijgsbergen.
The family got 3 children christened in Schiedam:
1. Willem, 03.08.1761.
2. Maretje, 08.01.1766.
3. Jan, 06.12.1767.
Among other things by reading:
"This whole brave family... A Schiedams genus Bes(z)emer between 1600 and present",
from Th. Bezemer july 1988.