III.A. Christian Bitsch was born in 1644, in Schirs, Kanton Graubünden, Switzerland, and died
12.03.1708 in Raidelbach, Odenwald, Hessen, Germany.
He is son of Christian Bitsch born 1612 and died 09.05.1698 and Magdalena Mayer, born
1615 and died 20.05.1686
Christian was married 6.02.1666 in Raidelbach with Anna Katharina Zehfuss, born 1648
in Werningerode, Eichsfeld, Thüringen, Germany and she died 12.02.1718 in Raidelbach.
She was a daughter of Jakob Zehfuss.
The family got 12 children:
1. Catharina, born 16.12.1666 and died in 1668 in Raidelbach.
2. Michael, born 21.02.1668 and died 7.03.1668 in Raidelbach.
3. Johannes Georg, born 24.08.1669 in Raidelbach and died before 1758. He was married in 1690
with Barbara Baumann.
4. Jacob IV.A.
5. Magdalena, born 6.04.1673 in Raidelbach and died 28.05.1738. She was married in 1697 with
6. Johann Henrich, born ?.08.1674 in Raidelbach. He was married in 1697 with Anna Catharina
7. Anna Maria, born abt 1677 in Raidelbach. She was married in 1701 with Hans Adam Horn.
8. Johan Christian, born 22.06.1679 in Raidelbach.
9. Peter, born 1.05.1680 and died ?.05.1738 in Raidelbach. He was married in 1701 with Cathrine
Hochgenug died in 1750
10. Johann Philipp, born 24.06.1683 in Raidelbach. He was married in 1705 with Anna
11. Hans Georg, born 19.05.1686 in Raidelbach. He was married in 1716 with Barbara Müller
died in 1740
12. Anna Elisabeth, born 14.03.1687 in Raidelbach. She was married in 1708 with Johannes
It is most likely that Christian Bitsch was a brother to the Mathias Bitsch from the village Bitsch
in Switzerland, who was married 6.08.1662 with Anna, a daughter of Gabrielle Langendorf from
The familyname Bitsch is probably first adopted after the arrival at the new place in Odenwald.
It is very good liking with Odenwalds cultivation history.
After 30 years war, nobody was living there as the result of war and Black Death, and so imme-
grate a lot people of from Switzerland. Theirs familynames are still exist. Among them was also
In the little village Gardernheim there is a farm named "Bitschhof" and in the Reichenbach parish
are many persons with the name Bitsch.
In Breitenweisen is living a Peter Bitsch and he has a genealogybook of "Entailed estate of the
immegrated Bitsch from Switzerland round 1640"
Obtained by reading:
"The Genus Bärtel from Frederiks parish, about Johan Georg Bärtel, born 1823, and his wife, their
ancestors and descendants".
The book is written by a/s genealogy Bredgaard, Skals (DK) 1971-1973.